During the mid-00s bold braids became a permanent fixture on the pitch with footballers and fans alike showing off patterned braid designs. Today the tradition continues with bold braids like these French braids, which push boundaries through experimentation with colour and pattern. Braided styles require dividing the hair into sections before weaving it together into patterns either towards or away from the head. Divide the hair into equal sections then braid using the classic plait technique and finish by securing each braid’s end with an elastic hairband.
LANDRY’S HAIRDRESSERS BRIEF: THE FRENCH BRAID
- For a dandruff-free scalp and luscious hair, make sure you wash your hair using Head & Shoulders Supreme. Clean, ready-to-style hair is key to a great football hairstyle!
- Using a large brush, blow dry the hair straight with the dryer head pointing downwards, moving the brush from the root to the tip of the hair. This will make hair more manageable when braiding and will ensure a smooth finish.
- Colour the hair using a classic highlighting technique to add texture and definition. Don’t be afraid to choose an unconventional colour to add flashes of personality to the hair.
- Smooth the ends of the hair using straighteners to create consistent shine and smoothness for each braid.
- Divide the hair into equal sections (choose more sections for smaller braids) then use a classic plait technique for each section to achieve the desired style.
- Secure each braid with an elastic brand after plaiting to keep the hair tightly in place and to prevent unravelling.
Braiding done! Check out a different style of French braid tutorial video here.
INTRODUCING LANDRY AGRES
With over 20 years of experience in his field and having worked in countries such as France, the United Kingdom and Australia, Landry Agres is an awarding-winning hairstylist who runs his salon, Milk, in San Sebastián.
As Head & Shoulders Global Hairstylist Ambassador, Landry encapsulates the modern day hairstylist introducing trademark men’s hairstyles that are unique, innovative and trendsetting.
His expertise has grabbed the attention of football’s elite, with his current client portfolio including Yuri Berchiche, Alfreð Finnbogason, the Iceland national team at UEFA Euro 2016 and Head & Shoulders ambassador Antoine Griezmann.