If you’ve noticed your hair becoming greasier, you may need to treat it with a different shampoo to ensure you get the oil under control.
Your hair can change at different periods of your life, or even when the weather changes.
If you’ve noticed your hair becoming greasier, it may be one or more of these causes.
Causes of greasy hair
- Hormonal changes – Puberty or other changes in hormones can contribute to overproduction of natural oils.
- Genetics – Above-average oil production may run in your family.
- The weather – As the weather gets hotter, we perspire more and this can cause scalp oils to spread down the hair fibers, making hair appear greasier.
- Product buildup – Styling products can cling to the hair and make it appear oily and limp.
How to get greasy hair under control
To get your hair back to a healthy balance, it needs to be treated with a shampoo designed to wash away grease without over-drying.
Our Citrus Fresh Shampoo is specially formulated for oily hair. With mango and citrus essence, the shampoo washes away trapped dirt and grease.
It leaves your hair dandruff free,1 silky and smelling fantastic.
Tips to prevent greasy-looking hair:
- maintain a diet rich in vegetables and fish
- cut down on refined carbohydrates and saturated fats
- wash frequently with a deep cleansing shampoo (at least 2x per week)
- limit the use of "leave-on" hair products
- don’t over-brush your hair (which may spread oil down hair fibers)
Try our Citrus Fresh Shampoo to remove grease and product build-up while leaving your hair clean, fresh and 100% flake-free.1
More about oily and greasy hair
More tips and advice from the experts:
1visible flakes, with regular use